Monday, June 8, 2009

Better than Ezra & a Wedding

Casey and I went to the Better than Ezra show last night at the House of Blues. It was great. They're pretty good showmen and played a nice mix of old favorites and new songs. Their new album, Paper Empire, is worth checking out.

My favorite still is "Lifetime," and Casey prefered "Desperately Wanting." And the opener, Tyrone Wells, was fun too, even the yodeling. Next time I go to a concert, though, I'm going to wear shoes like these:Because I'm apparently the shortest BTE fan in the world, the rest being the giants of Brobdingnag, including the striptease-dancing Miss Piggy lookalike that was in front of us. I'm sure she's a lovely person, though.

Also, Saturday, we went to the wedding of some friends from Baylor, Shawn and Heather. Now, how cool is this: instead of disappearing immediately after the wedding, the bride and groom decided to stick around and have a couple events for folks, bowling, dinner at Humperdinks, etc. It was really fun to get to spend time with my old roommate, Heather, and to see Josh and Ryan, some good buddies from Baylor. There's nothing like old friends. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was the wedding beautiful? Do you have any pictures? I forgot you and heather were roommates (and I crashed on the floor for a few weeks).... I got your message Sat. night and called you back but your phone went straight to voicemail. Are you officially done with school yet? as in, can I call you during the daytime and reach you? love you, friend.