Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

What's a weekend without baking? This morning some of the nursery helpers at church were professing their love for pumpkin pie, and I saw these cookies (for the recipe, go here) and figured it was a good compromise...I felt like chocolate chip cookies, but it's pumpkin season. The only thing the recipe needs is some pumpkin pie spice, I think.

Things are fine...mostly. Didn't really enjoy last week at work...the kids were really hyper and it was just a pain. Not feeling the teaching mojo. Ready for a holiday, I guess. And it's starting to get near the end of the term...benchmark tests, reviews, exams, and then a whole new trimester and 80 new students. Not looking forward to the stress. I know it always works out...but just not excited. I'm sure that's how most people feel about their jobs...so I should just suck it up, right?

We got Casey a pair of five-fingered toe shoes and went for a short trail run to test them out.I really do love running, even if it's just thirty minutes. Casey ended up running really barefoot by the end, as the shoes were rubbing, and my knee was a little sore, but it was still fun getting out there. I'm going to try to do the 8 miler for the Turkey Trot, so that gives me something to work up to. :-)

4 comments:

Tiffany Dawn said...

TOE Shoes!? What?!

so what is the advantage to these shoes?

nodnarb said...

Those don't look like they would be very good for running, but what do I know...

Marci said...

Okay, for real, I am kind of obsessed with pumpkin. How can I get my hands on these cookies? Mmmm....

And yes, those shoes are c-r-a-z-y. I agree with Tiff, tell us the advantage of said shoes?

Margaret English said...

I have the exact pair of five finger shoes that feature in this post- and they are fantastically comfortable! They help with a more natural balance and posture and just feel good on the feet. I am a frequent runner but would never wear them for a run because they would aggravate my already dodgy knees due to the lack of support/cushion.