Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post -Op

I had my post-op appointment yesterday, and the good news is that my knee is healed! I can slowly start back working out and in four weeks, I can run! Woo woo! Recovery has been good, too. I was on crutches for a few days which I hated, but since then I get around just fine. A little stiff and sore...but one week after surgery, I'm doing great.

Christmas was good. We had Christmas Eve with my parents, made memorable by the snow....and the fact that the only restaurant open was Long John Silvers. But it was my first White Christmas ever and that was special.

Then we went to Houston for the Meyers' Christmas celebration. We had a good time, hanging out, eating, playing games. It's a blessing that we all get along so well. We had a Cajun Christmas dinner with turducken, okra, green beans and pie...we were stuffed!
But, I have a bone to pick with my mother in law. We always talk about how well she raised her three boys, and she really did. They're all successful young men with good values. But something was left wanting in the education of mine. If you look closely at the top of the roof of my gingerbread house, you will see that a jelly bean is missing. As bare as a snail out of it's shell. What kind of person does that?!? It's just beyond my comprehension. And I made more bread...the long recipe this time, as in 20 hours of rising time. It's definitely a piece of wonderful, but I don't know if it's substantially better than the one that's done in five hours.

I also got a pressure cooker for Christmas, and I've already made two batches of beans, garbanzo beans and black eyed peas for New Years, of course. Casey's comment on it was to tell me that I'm a good cook. His mother did teach him well.

And I got two free Society Bakery cupcakes for donating a sweater...woo woo! If you like cupcakes, bring clothes to donate to there location on Greenville. Awesome.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thank you for the kind words, Virginie!
I can't explain the missing jelly bean, though.