Friday, February 12, 2010

Record snowfall in Dallas!

Yesterday, 12 inches of the most beautiful, soft powdery snow fell on Dallas. No school, of course. Woo woo! These are the trees next to my house. So pretty.
The first thing I did, after pulling some downed branches from our tree out of the road, was to go walking in the pristine snow. In some places, it was deep up to my shins. It's surreal to see Dallas covered in snow.

I had to photograph all the snowmen. Only twice in my life has there been enough snow to make snowmen, and one was a halfsie--built on a wooden table with a mop for hair. She was beautiful.
Today, we have the pro-team fan snowman,
The headless snowman of doom,
"You Shall Not Pass" snowman,
Abstract snowmen, or perhaps a snowfort?
A snow-nose lion,
Sad, armless, baby carrot-nosed snowman,
And my own mini-mailbox snowman, that I made on a whim on my neighbor's mailbox. A little present, if you will.
So much snow! You could just pick up a mound of it. So Casey did.
The puppies were really cute in the snow. Charlotte, who's fat and stubby-legged, had to bound around to get through it. Charlie was oblivious, as usual.
And I had to taste of course! It tasted like numb tongue.

The snow is already melting and rolling off our roof like an avalanche, but we had snow! Wowie!

No comments: