Sunday, December 12, 2010

White Rock (Half) Marathon

Last weekend, Casey and I ran in the White Rock Half and Full Marathon. I did the Half, not very quickly, as running while 5 1/2 months pregnant makes frequent potty-o-let stops necessary, but I was just happy that I was able to be out there and still running.My dad came out to watch us, which was really fun. I also saw a few friends running or spectating too, which was really fun. I love that people brave the cold to stand out there and cheer.

Casey did the full marathon and had a great race with a really good time, 3:36.

In other news, the baby is doing great. I feel him move all the time now, which is really fun. It's like a little "Hi, mom" each time I feel him. It's so much more concrete now that we know the gender and can call him by name. We've got the baby room all cleaned out and the crib is up, even though that's about all we have. I went with my friend, Amy, to Babies R Us, so she could tell me what I need to to register for...and what to do with it! Seriously, it's a huge learning curve. Casey's actually been doing a lot of reading and research too, like on monitors and furniture, which has been awesome. He was the one pushing to get the baby room cleaned out, but we even ended up cleaning up the other two extra rooms, donating/chunking a lot of stuff, and putting other things on Craigslist. It's awesome getting rid of the clutter.

I've also been baking too. I got an early Christmas present from dad of a new mixer and immediately made Russian Tea Cakes and yesterday I made some Dark Chocolate Truffles and Swirled White/Milk Chocolate Bark, most of which will go to school as gifts or for Christmas parties.

There's just one more week of school before Christmas break, and the last day is the Faculty talent show...so really just four days of teaching...and on Thursday I'm giving a test...and reviewing on Wednesday...so really just two more days of active teaching until Christmas break. Can you tell I'm ready? I love the holidays and can't wait for more time to bake! :-)

No comments: