Thursday, November 24, 2011

Indiana's 1st Thanksgiving

Indy got lots of cuddles and rides on Daddy's shoulders for Thanksgiving.

This morning, Casey, Dad and I ran the Turkey Trot through downtown, while Casey's mom, Cindy, watched Indy. Then we all went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving.
Dad did most of the cooking: smoked turkey (it looks burnt and scary, but it was delicious!), salad, green beans with bacon, molasses sweet potatoes and twice baked potatoes. Yum. I made sausage and sage dressing and dessert.
A sweet potato tart, with a gingersnap crust--FAIL. The crust stuck to the pan and was gummy. And it was too vegetable-y. Yuck. And an old fashioned pecan pie--SUCCESS! Seriously, amazing. The recipe uses maple syrup and molasses instead of corn syrup (and I added extra pecans). Best pecan pie ever. And the fresh bourbon whipped cream just gilded the lily. :-)
Caught in the act! I love that both my mom and I were licking our fingers here. It was a delicious meal...and we went home, and all three of us took a nap. Now, that's a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: