Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Landscaping at Last!

Last weekend, Casey and some guys did a HUGE amount of landscaping. So happy with the final result. Casey previously had someone build some stone planters, to help balance the height of the house and to add some contrast, but they'd been empty until now.
 I picked out Indian Hawthorne and pink (of course) begonias.

 Cute little hedges. Hopefully, they'll soon be beautiful big hedges. :)
 Casey sodded the front portion of the lawn and circled the trees with stone and a few bricks.
 This was all Casey's brainstorm and I think it turned out quite nicely.
 The lions were a last-minute addition. But Casey & I had discussed lawn ornaments for quite a while...I like sweet little ones, like fat babies, Casey likes big ferocious ones, like gorillas and multi-segmented sea serpents. Small lions are hopefully a middle ground.

Casey also sodded the backyard and replaced the stone around the back door.
There's not much to see yet...but St. Augustine grass is much prettier than raw dirt and weed grass. That sunny patch is the future home of my backyard patio. I've already scheduled the landscaper to put in a flagstone patio early next week and have ordered patio furniture and a little playset, too. All I need now is a grill and my outdoor paradise will be complete! We've been living here for a year and a half now, and I love my house, but out door space was lacking. I'm so excited about being able to enjoy our yard. Summer, here I come!
Casey, enjoying some much deserved down-time, with Indiana the next morning.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's a lot of work, but it sure does look nice!