Sunday, November 30, 2008

14 days until the marathon


Yes, a mere two weeks and Casey and I will do our first marathon...26.2 miles. Hopefully, in a bit under 4 hours. I'm a little nervous thinking about it. I've never really spent this much time before planning and preparing and training for a single event...so there's a lot of anticipation. There's not much I can do now, other than trust the training program I've followed, and hope that running 20 miles and 26.2 miles isn't all that different. I know race day there will be lots of adrenaline, plus a nice race course with volunteers and spectators cheering us on. That part will be cool. I just hope it all comes together. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crazy. I know you can do it, but wow, that's something I'd never wanna put myself into! But hey, more power to you! Do you eat that "goo" energy stuff when you run? I know my dad and Mary Ann swore by that stuff when they did a marathon.

darrah said...

you two looked great this morning! so glad michael spotted casey. we'd been hunting for you.

thinking of you now as you are still out running...