Monday, October 17, 2011

The Funny Faces of Indy

Indy's excited about Daddy's new iPhone.
Cabbage Patch Kid. We already have a picture of him with a mushroom and a peach...so this may turn into a series...Still Life with Indy. That cabbage leaf makes a proper little hat!
Casey put my goggles on him, completely accentuating those chubby cheeks!
And this one isn't funny, but it was his first time sitting in a restaurant high chair, and he's so sweet and little in it, I had to share. He really liked being up and with us at the table. It made it feel like the first of many meals as a family. So happy.

In other news, Sweet Pea has been a much more challenging sleeper this last month since he learned to roll over. Lots of turning over in the crib, losing his paci and then crying because he doesn't want to be on his tummy anymore, but can't figure out what to do. Goodness. And the 2-3 am feeding has returned. Casey and I tag team as much possible, and Casey is really sweet to help out with so much other stuff. But at work, I can definitely tell how my day will go, based on how much sleep I've gotten.

But he's learning so much and doing so many new things, that I'm not going to wish this season way. Just last night we watched him in the baby monitor do something new: take the paci of his mouth to play with it, and then put it back in the correct way, repeat. I marveled at that advance in hand-eye coordination. It's fascinating to watch him understand and experiment with the world around him. I love that little boy.

2 comments:

Charlton said...

so cute! I remember feeling the same way when Mackenzie first sat in the high chair at the table with us. You just feel more complete when everyone is sitting together!

Marci said...

oh my goodness, the high chair! i am so proud of you, indy!

as you know from eating with her, georgia is a bit of a high-needs diner, so i am hoping when she is able to sit up properly she'll be a little more flexible company.
:-)

looking forward to a big old tony's table with all of our kiddos sometime soon---two high chairs!