Thursday, June 28, 2012

Walking Progress - Travel Imminent

Proud mama that I am, I had to post a couple (VERY short) videos of Indiana walking. He's made tremendous progress in just this first week of walking, as you can see from the first video of tiny tottering steps to the more confident progress of the second one I took today.

He's going around obstacles and around corners, but still just short little spurts at a time. But even those are getting longer and more frequent and he's standing and balancing more, which gives him more freedom to do things with his hands while standing. He's responding to more requests, like "Put the ball in the tower," mimicking/pretending to eat, throwing things away in the trashcan, feeding himself more adeptly. And he's getting a 5th tooth. It's like his development is on fast forward. 

Also, we (my Mom, Indiana, and I) leave for France on Tuesday! My dad is leaving tomorrow to spend a week in Jerusalem, then he's joining us in France. Sadly, Casey is not coming. :( We're going to spend a week in the country with my family to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. So fun. I hope all my cousins and their kids will be there. It's been quite a while since we were all together. And then, Dad, Indy and I are going to stay with one of my cousins in Paris. Can't wait. I don't have any big plans for Paris, other than a couple museums I'd like to visit...but I think I'll manage to keep busy. I'm a nervous about traveling with a young toddler, but it will be worth it. I'll post lots of pictures when I get back. :-)

No comments: