Sunday, April 4, 2010

Celebrations

My family was never big on celebrations. We're low-maintenance people, which is nice a lot of the time. Casey is too, and we've let some special occasions go without much pomp. But I've been slowly realizing that celebrating special occasions is important to me, and I'm disappointed if they're not celebrated. To complicate things, in the past, I've always hoped that the celebration would materialize (because it was supposed to happen) but didn't want to initiate it myself because that would take some of the fun out of it. So, if wanting something to happen + not doing it yourself = being disappointed over it not happening, then that's a lousy formula. So, I'm going to work on that.
For Easter today, I hadn't planned anything, being that all my planning energies went into the shower yesterday. But Casey suggested having my parent's over last minute, and we put together a lunch of little filet mignons, roasted asparagus, salad, bread and angel food cake and strawberries for dessert. It was nice, and it felt like a celebration. So, success!Also, these are the little bird's nest cookies I made yesterday for the shower. They were quite cute and Eastery...but almost no one ate them! I think because they were too big to eat daintily. Dainty is the key at bridal showers. So, I put the candy into some brownies this afternoon (OMG...so good!), and the rest of the leftover food went to the puppies' breakfast. They especially liked the ham and cheese pastry puffs! Spoiled rotten puppies. ;-)

No comments: