Sunday, June 6, 2010

House Plans

So, the house planning process is moving along well. Here's a more finalized version of what we're going to build.
Is it just me, or is the roof really pointy?

FYI, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger...just click back when you're done!
Very open layout. I'm most excited about the master bathroom. I can't wait for that tub! The kitchen is going to be great too. We still are debating on the counter material, though. But that island is going to be so handy.

I especially like the jack and jill bathroom between bedroom 2 and 4. It was formerly bedroom 3, but I think that's a nice addition. And a storage closet near what will be the kid's rooms is going to be handy.

That open space on the front left upstairs is just going to be attic, for now, and some day in the future, a media room. But right now we're doing everything to keep this house from being too over-budget. That's the next step in the process...what can we live without so we can afford to live in this house!

In other news, the school year is over...but I'm not on vacation yet. Next week is crunch week and the week after, my comprehensive exams. I hope that I will be prepared enough. These tests are pass/fail, and most people pass them the first time...but I don't want to run any risks. I know one woman who took a whole semester off to study for them. (Ahh!!)

Once that's done, one more two-week class...and then it's summer, just in time for the 4th of July! I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Charlton said...

The house looks nice! My only recommendation is to make sure the entry at the stair is wide enough to allow furniture to get around the corner and up the stairs. Just something to think about - it can be tricky moving furniture around corners! ;) I can't wait to see picture when it's under construction and finished!