Monday, July 28, 2008

Microwave Chocolate Cake

In my surfing of food blogs today, which was delightful, I found this little recipe. I tried it, and yeah...warm chocolate cake in five minutes. I am all over that.

Microwave Chocolate Cake for One
from bakingbites.com

4 tbsp cake flour
2 tbsp brown sugar (but when I made it I put 4 tbsp...I misread the recipe and it was perfect)
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch salt
1 large egg
3 tbsp strong coffee (or milk)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (or melted butter)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Sift together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt into a large coffee mug (or small bowl). Stir in egg, coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla, mixing until smooth. If you are mixing inside a coffee mug, be sure to scrape the corners well.
Microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Cake will puff up like a soufflĂ© and should appear to be “set” after 3 minutes. Cake will fall once removed from the microwave.
Serve in the mug, or turned out into a bowl, with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

did you use coffee or milk?