Monday, August 11, 2008

We're a motorcycle gang!

Casey taught me how to ride the scooter this afternoon. I started off just going down the alley with Casey jogging behind, then he hopped on his motorcycle, and we did a tour around the neighborhood. We practiced turns, quick braking, and did what felt like drag racing (well...30 mph felt that way!) up and down our busy street. When I hit 30 for the first time, I thought, "I am a Zen Kung Fu Master." Which makes no sense in retrospect...but that's the words for the exhilaration I felt.

Then it started raining. Gotta love Dallas weather. Oh...and the scooter was off when we took the picture, so no helmet...but I will always ride with a helmet.

1 comment:

Christy said...

i love your new bike! and glad to hear that you will always wear a helmet. have fun!