Thursday, September 11, 2008

My mini explosion

So, yesterday, when I got home, I knew I was upset, but it wasn't for an hour or so until I realized why. FYI, I have classes of 33 each for French 1. Well, the powers that be decided to put two more kids in my 5th period class. 35 kids. 35. I already have the largest classes in the department, but this is ridiculous. And it's the last period of the day, and I have a bunch of special ed students in that class, and I still don't have textbooks for all of those kids. Yeah...so, yesterday, those last two kids...pushed me over the edge. Don't get me wrong, those are both good kids and I'm happy to have them...but I just don't have room to put them. One ended up sitting at the table at the very front. There has to be a limit. I looked, and legally, there isn't...but still, let us be reasonable, people!

So...yesterday I was ticked off. I did have a nice dinner with Casey and my parents, and that was really nice. And I went to talk to my assistant principal today, and she said she would try to smooth that out for me. We'll see.

I think I'll make these cake truffles. Cake makes things better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, there is not a legal limit for secondary classrooms. It would be nice if administrators would set the limit at the number of kids you can fit in your classroom, but apparently they believe our classrooms are the building equivalent of Mary Poppins' carpetbag, expanding to meet the spatial needs of the moment.

However, I wonder if fire code regulations have any impact on Admin? :P