Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some random shots from Germany

These were waiting on our pillows at the hotel in Immenstadt. Sleepy sheep, gummy...sheep!
We made friends with some bronze livestock in town, too.
These cows were grazing along what was to be the bike course. Happy cows.
No animals here, but I ran by this spot twice. There were unlimited amounts of great trails through the countryside. It was the best running place ever. Mountain biking was more popular, though.
It did rain some, though. I apparently was tired of pictures at this point.
If you can see my facial expression...I was trying to be a good girl and eat my dinner....but it was crazy greasy. Bacon, melted cheese, hash brown and brown gravy. Who thought of that combination? The cucumber on top was just a tease.
Casey did not have the house beverage at the Hofbrauhaus, despite its being cheaper than soda.
He did have the sausage platter. And I got spaetzle. I like spaetzle.
We, of course, made the obligatory pilgrimage to the Glockenspiel in Munich. Casey didn't get it, and I think he's right.
But overall, Germany was really fun. Despite not knowing the language, we got around and had a relaxing time.

No comments: